Thursday, May 10, 2012

Location Scouting in Colma


Hard as I try there are times when I just can't avoid going out in direct sunlight. Scouting locations in cemeteries is one of those occasions. So while I was slathering on sunscreen this morning I noticed the zinc oxide in the lotion gave me a nice pallid complexion. Then an idea came to me. Set this stuff with translucent powder and you've got an SPF 30 foundation!  I did and managed to maintain my deathly color all day.

I mentioned a few days ago that I wanted to do a Goths Up Trees photo to submit for publication.  Points are scored for appearance, where it was shot, time of day as well as the subjective tastes of the blog owner.  Hey, it's his blog.  He can do what he damn well pleases!  That's the beauty of blogging.

For costume, I plan to wear a skirt, fishnet stockings and high heel boots which will add points for being able to climb a tree so attired.  Height is another factor but one that can be diddled with by camera position.  Big bonus points if you do it in a graveyard at night or near night.  My goal in scouting was to find a tree in a graveyard that I could climb in skirt and heels while the sky is darkening.  So, I needed tombstones in the background and a camera angle facing east. This was more difficult than I expected.  I scanned over the Italian Cemetery but found nothing suitable.  Then I went to Jewish cemetery, Hills of Eternity and found a couple of trees I thought might work.  One even had a handy sarcophagus underneath to help me into the tree.  I decided not because desecration of Jewish cemeteries has been a problem, not in Colma, but still I didn't want to upset anyone.  That left me with my favorite bone orchard, Cypress Lawn It's larger and older than some of the others and designed in the late 19th century when large, park like cemeteries were in vogue.  There I found several trees easy enough to climb with the right background with the proper camera angle.

Please vote for the tree you would most like to see me in.  Leave your vote in comments!



Tree 3
Tree 1
Tree 2





Tree 4

No comments:

Post a Comment