Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Out of the Goth Closet

I'm out of the Goth closet or bat cave as it's sometimes called.  From the beginning, How to Tell if You Are a Closet Goth was posted on Amy Asphodel's blog, Stripy Tight and Dark Delights, FKA Ultimate Goth Guide, which it truly is.  Amy has assembled the most comprehensive site available on all things Goth.


I scored a 15 out of 20 but I've been out since January. I was attending a friend's birthday party and went to get some refreshments where I met 2 other women one of whom, like me, was dressed in black. One of them commented on the coffin pendant (with a skeleton inside) I was wearing. Sheepishly, I said that I was "kind of gothy". The woman in black told me there was no such word as "gothy". I said I had goth sensibilities. "No" she replied "you're goth." And I have been ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment