Sunday, April 15, 2012

Corsets and Such

My roommate and dear friend, who shall remain nameless, always thought it precious that I affected a Victorian lady by wearing a corset. I love corsets. You can have the shape of a box car and a corset can make you look good! They're beautiful garment and make you look and feel sexy. Tight lacing or waste training corset can actually change the shape of your body. I've been in one 3 times a week for the past 2 years. I'm on my second won as I it worked so well I needed a smaller one. A couple days ago she wanted to look at corsets, just curious. So I gave her the name of the vendor where I buy them, Orchard Corset . She was curious so I offered to let her borrow one of mine. Yesterday she was getting ready to go out and took me up on the offer. She'd never put one on before and had no idea how to put on so of course I offered to help her. I gave her the helpful hints like "put your damn shoes on first" and "dress from the bottom up. When we got to the corset she cursed the thing for being so difficult and wondered why the lacing isn't in the front where it would be easy to tie. Finally, I got her into it and tight laced it closed. She went off mumbling and put on the rest of her clothes. Then she looked in the full length mirror and said, "Oh my God!" as she admired her new figure "it even lifts my boobs up!".

2 comments:

  1. THe laces are on the back because Victorian ladies had maids to help them dress. I like the corsets that have hooks in the front so you only have to adjust the laces once in a while. It makes it impossible to put on by yourself. I asked my husband to help once, and it was hilarious, he got it so tangled and had no idea what he was doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had assumed the flat busks in the front were to hold your tummy in more evenly. The steel coil bones are much more flexible. I agree it would be much easier to have a maid to assist one's self but with practice I've learned to tight lace it quite quickly. I thought I'd never be able to do it but for me vanity is the mother of invention :-)

      Delete