Sunday, April 5, 2015

The House at the End of Time - La Casa del Final de los Tiempos

Last night I watched a movie titled The House at the End of Time. It was a haunted house story with a few twists to it. Time shifts are involved and it all comes together at the end. It's creepy with some thrills but lots of psycho drama. It's complicated and in Spanish with subtitles. It reminds me more of The Awakening or Saint Ange (House of Voices) than Poltergeist.

On the whole I liked it but if you're looking for a Steven King story with lots of action and things that jump out of the dark you may not like this film. The story goes back and forth through time but the characters remain the same. Much of it is set in the 60's and the film makers did a great job recreating the past in a gritty semi-impoverished town. I did catch a costume error near the end but it's not important. I didn't exactly love it as I did The Awakening, but I it's worth a watch if you like paranormal interpersonal drama.

I'm learning Spanish and I'll be reviewing Spanish language horror movies, something that Mexican film makers do rather well.

Dulce sueños! 



1 comment:

  1. Sounds interesting. I like period pieces about the 60s ... I almost remember, so seeing the details is fascinating to me.

    ReplyDelete